Monday, April 25, 2005

Akhil's back after a basically successful three-week period of "Lucky" training, surreal bachelor-style living at the Animal Kingdom lodge, and minimal but sufficient amounts of cavorting through the Disney parks. So, yes, we've resumed our life together, sleeping in the same place once again. It seems to me three weeks exceeds a comfortable limit for separation from your spouse -- after about two weeks and two days you get a little too accustomed to the solo situation; then it takes a good couple of days to get reacquainted with each other.

So, "the stranger" and I finally used our first-anniversary gift certificate for The Raymond in Pasadena on Saturday night. Too bad, but this time, the food was just okay, and our table was pretty cramped. But it was nice to dress up, get out, and drink champagne together after Akhil's long stint with resort chain food and my steady diet of Luna bars and popcorn. We saw "Melinda & Melinda" on Sunday (B-) and tooled around on the West side, where Akhil thinks he spoke with Laura Innes at the Peet's in Brentwood, but I think he didn't. He DID sit behind Syndey Pollack on the plane back from Orlando Friday night, however. It's true -- he always gets the good airplane stories.

So let me be sentimenal for a second. Over the last couple of weeks I finally felt like I have a "home" in L.A., with true, hip and wonderful friends here that I just don't see enough of. When I listen to that "L.A. Songs" CD Heather left here by mistake, I almost get misty-eyed these days. It only took me a little under six years. People had told me that here it takes three -- I think it's probably more like five.

One last thing: Stay tuned for Baby Tanouye, due any day now. We're waiting, John and Kendra!

No comments: