Thursday, June 29, 2006

Happy Third Anniversary to Us! Three years ago in Malibu at the beautiful Adamson House, we became a family, officially, and here we are, getting ready to move out of our Glendale apt. into a real house, with lots of lessons, tribulations, travels and experiences behind us -- but we know the best is yet to come!

We have been hitting the car shows lately as Akhil feeds his latest obsession: the Shelby Cobra. I plan to post a photo of him with Hank Williams (no, not that Hank Williams) and his original 289, as soon as I can find some editing software on this new hard drive...

Car shows in SoCal -- a phenomenon like no other to be sure. We went to Van Nuys last week (to see the Cobra) where they held a Mustang competition in Balboa Park -- it all calls to mind Tom Wolfe's 'Kandy-Colored Tangerine-Flake Streamline Baby' -- and now I get what he was talking about. These people get real excited when someone offers to pop open the hood. Hank opened up his hood for us, and started that baby up for the onlookers too. There's something about how an engine sounds that can get you respect but I haven't quite figured out the "language" yet.

While we were up there we discovered they've got cricket fields -- in Van Nuys! At least three cricket games were in progress, with the all-white uniforms and everything. Never ceases to amaze.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your Dad gave me your web page. I'm his next door neighbor (met you once, remenber)? We went for a "joy" ride tonight in your 82 scrambler. When you're next in Medina, I'll show you some original 1961 autographed-to-me photos of the first 7 astronauts and launch pics into space (from my days when I worked with them at NASA in Cape Canaveral). I understand you have an interest in space. Take care, and keep inventing! John R.