Thursday, June 19, 2008

The big secret's been out for a while now, Akhil's latest robot project. But finally, yes finally, the premiere of Wall-E is nearly here, and our real life *might* get back to normal soon.

While he's been zipping around the country and the city as Wall-E's "handler" in the press, I've been learning how to live like a single gal again. Only in the last few weeks has it started to become fun, as I've found a number of other work-widows to play with at my own job, and among friends I never knew wanted to get out of the house so bad.

My big payoff for a year of patience (ok, I wasn't exactly patient about it)... is that I get to go to the Wall-E premiere too, which is this Saturday night at the Greek Theater here in L.A. The Greek is an outdoor theater, Greek style, of course, built in 1929 in Griffith Park. The after-party, which we hear is dry (odd!) is at the newly renovated Observatory up the hill. It'll be my first time getting anywhere near a red carpet and not having to work, too. In the past I was touting a laptop around in my heels or proofing last-second press releases. This time I just hang. If only my date were free as well... alas, still more Wall-E handling to do.

Amidst the chaos I did manage to throw Akhil a surprise brunch for his 40th (40th!?) birthday. 30 people gathered at Firefly in South Pasadena, including his parents, and amazingly, he was genuinely surprised! I have to recommend the place -- what impeccable service. And the cake I ordered from Whole Foods was delish. (See pics).

No comments: