Tuesday, April 20, 2004

My brother Toad bought a condo in Salem. I am sad - no more Harvard Square accommodations for Akhil and me. But I suppose his diving into the real estate market is a good move. I'd like to do it myself before the six-figure homes ALL turn into sevens. First though, I better get this job thing taken care of. Employers are now taking advantage of people like me to the tune of cash under-the-table, 300 bucks a week salaries. Have they no self-respect? Have I? I got myself into an interview at one of these places - I hope I will have the courage to tell them exactly what I think of their glorified volunteer opportunity but I have been out of work for months. And that makes people do some pretty desperate things... wish me luck.

In other news, Akhil's fellow countrymen, the Kenyans, swept the Boston Marathon Monday. Katie and Heather had a Patriots Day BBQ at our old/new pad at Freeman Street which, sadly, I missed. You see, Heather is moving into the LCC - the Life Crisis Closet - at 145 this month. Priya doesn't live there anymore because she bought a place in Allston a couple of years ago. But two of the "originals" will be living there once again. Funny how things evolve sometimes, isn't it? Six years ago at this time, Heather and Katie lived at Freeman Street, I was looking for a job, about to move into this apartment in Glendale, and Akhil and I were driving an '87 Jeep. Today, Heather and Katie live at Freeman Street, I am looking for a job and LIVE in this apartment, and Akhil and I occassionally drive an '87 Jeep.

No comments: