Monday, May 03, 2004

Akhil and I spent the afternoon at Manhattan Beach yesterday and it made me realize my standard of living was leaps and bounds better when I was a kid and I didn't even know it. It takes us about an hour to get out to the beach now - which is why we rarely go - but I grew up 8 miles, or a 20-minute bike ride, from the sea and took full advantage. Wonder how and where we went wrong. Akhil rode 48 miles on his bike Saturday - his longest ride yet - and followed with a nap before we headed to Pasadena to the free movies in the park they're putting on Saturday nights this month. We saw "Raiders of the Lost Ark" and even though I've seen it numerous times, I learned a few more things about the plot, realized that guy who accompanies Indy in the cave in the first sequence is Alfred Molina, and am pretty convinced that it is genuinely a good movie -- much better than all the Star Wars prequels. George Lucas should've stuck with Speilberg! It's May now and still no job. A story on NPR yesterday said 85% of jobs are not advertised and that the key is using your contacts. I am not sure I have many contacts, but if you are reading this and are a contact, expect my call...

No comments: