Saturday, July 19, 2008

One thing I do love about SoCal living -- the Farmers Markets. We've got one just down the road from our house every Saturday. I made it over there this morning, and bought garlic, squash, almonds, a flat of strawberries, baby spinach and a substantial bouquet of flowers for less than $15. I'm bowled over by the enthusiasm that even the hippest of the hip have for such an old-fashioned, back-to-basics concept. And everybody brings their own shopping bags/baskets. Supposedly Mickey Rooney was there. I never spotted him myself but that was the buzz. If that's not a feel-good, almost star sighting I don't know what is.

Akhil got back from his Euro tour this eve at 7:30. I tried to get him to have a reunion dinner with me but he was asleep in the car within 5 mins, and already in bed. Oh well. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: