Tuesday, June 08, 2004

Four months -- still no job. It's unbelievable. But this will certainly make me feel very differently about destitution in the future - and not so quick to judge. After all, I have someone here to pay the rent for me. He and I've been killing time on weekends by visiting coffee shops and watching movies until it's finally time to make some kind of move. I attended a media literacy course this weekend given by the Center for Media Literacy in Santa Monica, where I am looking into volunteering, then had breakfast with Caroline, Michael, and the beautiful Sabrina on Sunday at Hugo's. And that afternoon, we spent a pleasant few hours with Joy and Paul at the Castle Green building where they live in Pasadena. There was an open house this weekend so we checked out the stylish open apartments there and talked some more about the price of real estate, which is taking up more brain space than it deserves these days. I just want it to stop! There have got to be places in our range out there.

Poor, poor us, right? Americans can be so annoying.

No comments: