Wednesday, June 09, 2004

I had to laugh when my neighbor handed me some classifieds from the newspaper yesterday -- she had starred and circled jobs she thought might be appropriate for me. How did she know? Do I have a big "U" on my forehead? I feel like Hester Prynne!

I picked up a little more freelance work thankfully and have high hopes that I'll find something this month. I can feel it coming to me - employment is on its way. Meanwhile I am reading "Stupid White Men" and anxiously awaiting the release of "Fahrenheit 9/11." I met Michael Moore when we lived in the same building in New York back in 1995. He was at the elevator getting Chinese food delivery and I began gushing about his "TV Nation" show. Thought for sure it was my big break and that he would hire me. He didn't. But it makes me feel a special connection to him - I'm so proud.

By the way, I DID go to the gym yesterday. Had one of those bad mornings but was feeling much better by the time the sun emerged at 3 p.m. in the afternoon. Maybe it was the cloud cover.

No comments: