Wednesday, June 02, 2004

Home again, home again, and my allergies are gone. I never knew I had any, but wow, Boston was tough on me this trip. Sick most of the week. On the other hand it was great to see Deb and Samantha, Jen at the Daniel Packer Inn, the family, and of course all my Boston peeps! Todd's apartment in Salem is beautiful and I really think the witch/Halloween theme is rather charming. He's going to like it there. I especially enjoyed helping him spend his money on our whirlwind decorating spree. Furniture, fixtures, carpets, dishes... he even put up window treatments this week. I am actually jealous of the place.

Akhil and I stayed in Brookline Saturday, in Salem Sunday, and at the Kendall Hotel, the renovated firehouse, in Cambridge Monday. We flew home Tuesday and managed to get on the same flight. It was a very busy 10 days for me, and visiting the suburbs (Arlington, Lexington, Marblehead, Watertown, Somerville...) was enlightening to say the least. After dealing with sinuses, traffic, unruly pedestrians, and crappy weather, however, I have to say my appreciation for L.A. is once again renewed. Had an interview today at the public television station here in Los Angeles, KCET. Still pounding the virtual pavement... here and in the east.

No comments: