Sunday, July 25, 2010

Day 7 of disability leave is definitely relaxing (coma-inducing, perhaps?) but now that I'm tethered to the sofa on "pre-eclampsia watch" it's a bit of a drag. I'll know tomorrow whether I actually have it, and then, it's quite possible that my 3 weeks of leave will be cut down to more like one. Are we ready for this? I don't think so!

I gained 6 pounds in a week - that was the biggest sign that things weren't perfectly normal. I hit the 35-week mark today though so whatever happens, the stats say the twins should be a-ok. I had to cancel plans for lunch and museum-hopping with Mai on Friday but she was kind enough to come over to keep me company for a couple of hours, and today, Akhil brought me a house-made pop-tart from Nickel Diner where he had brunch with a friend.

This blog could become very interesting, very soon! Check out our nursery (a work in progress). I love Etsy. We're still trying to figure out the stroller, the car, the nanny... all the big, expensive stuff. Anyone know a good nanny? (Who's willing to take care of twins, full-time, in Pasadena come November? Can't promise anything on their behavior.) Also, if you have a pool, I want to come over and live with you for the next few weeks. Seriously.

No comments: